• Welcome to Tux Reports: Where Penguins Fly. We hope you find the topics varied, interesting, and worthy of your time. Please become a member and join in the discussions.

Global Warming Challenged By Met Office

LPH

Flight Director
Flight Instructor
The Daily Mail in the UK published an article that the last 15 years of collected weather data show no increase in temperatures. Instead, there is consideration that the global temperatures will decrease.

According to a paper issued last week by the Met Office, there is a 92 per cent chance that both Cycle 25 and those taking place in the following decades will be as weak as, or weaker than, the ‘Dalton minimum’ of 1790 to 1830. In this period, named after the meteorologist John Dalton, average temperatures in parts of Europe fell by 2C.

The first problem with the article is that no links are provided for verification. Why didn't the authors provide the title of the paper?
Second, the graphs have a copyright I cannot read. Maybe someone else can read it but why would the images be sitting on the paper's site and not give credit to Met Office.

Robert Heiny

Research Scientist of Learning and Education
Flight Instructor
I'm disappointed no one responded to your questions, so I too can know the answers.