• Welcome to Tux Reports: Where Penguins Fly. We hope you find the topics varied, interesting, and worthy of your time. Please become a member and join in the discussions.

Exclude categories/criteria for Thread Creation System

Optic

Tween Bird
xenword-options.png

I would like to see an option to allow you to disable the Thread Creation System for a number of WP post categories. It could look like this:
xenword-mockup.png

(@LPH: in fact so desperately need this I'm willing to fund it to expedite it!!)

The reason I need this is because not every post I create in WP is a traditional article or blog entry nor does every post need an associcated discussion thread.

Although I COULD use WP Pages, I REALLY need them to be Posts as my theme (and I imagine most themes/plugins) have a Recommended/Recent post reel that draws it from the WP Post type only.

My current workaround is literally leaving the Thread Creation System turned OFF, then when I need it I will toggle it back ON then save/publish the post. It would be so much easier to have an exclude option for categories or a toggle on an individual post basis.

Similar reasoning to this suggestion (disable post thread creation on an indiviudal basis for older posts):
http://www.tuxreports.com/community/threads/post-thread-creation.610166/

Thank you for your consideration. :)