• Welcome to Tux Reports: Where Penguins Fly. We hope you find the topics varied, interesting, and worthy of your time. Please become a member and join in the discussions.

Database Question

P

plugfive

Flightless Bird
Greetings,

I am the owner of a very small architectual/contracing business. We have recently decided to add a Marketing department (My Niece) and she is having a hard time making heads or tails of my files. I was thinking of setting up a database of all my material so it would be easier for anyone to find what they are looking for. can anyone recomend the first steps to making this possible, or a program that would help put it together?

I would love it if i could do the following.
1. File and join all my project proposals, progress pictures, renderings, design changes of each project. Subcontractor Specialties, CV info

2. be able to Sort and recall projects under categories. Price range, Classification (commercial, industrial, institutional etc)

3. This might be a stretch, but when i am after a tender, i would like to be able to pull up contractor information and experiences to whatever the job i am putting a proposal to. For example, If i am doing a institutional job and i am using "Structural company A", "Mechanical company B" and "Electrical Comapny C". I would love for it to be able to list and display each of the companies experience in the Institutional field.

Sorry if this is such a big request, but i don't even know where to begin to look.

Thanks in advance,

Errol