• Welcome to Tux Reports: Where Penguins Fly. We hope you find the topics varied, interesting, and worthy of your time. Please become a member and join in the discussions.

Implemented Custom post: thread not updating on forums

romubebs

Teen Bird
XenWord Professional
Please complete the following information. You may add or remove any questions you feel will help clarify your specific situation.

WordPress version: 4.6.1
XenForo version: 1.5.10
XenWord version: 3.2.0.1

What WordPress theme are you using?

Uncode

To the best of your abilities please describe the specific problem you are experiencing:

We use custom posts in Wordpress (Toolset Types). We have enabled Xenword's Create Thread for Custom Post and selected correct post type to Choose a custom post type field.

New threads are being created from custom posts without problems to our forums. But when we edit something in custom post the forum post doesn't update accordingly. Updating works with normal posts.

First of all, should update work with custom posts? Where should I start looking the cause of problem? Thanks,

LPH

Flight Director
Flight Instructor
Edit is not a feature for custom posts. I'm in the middle of a torn apart build, and will try to add an edit feature in 3.3. It looks like the thread creation file need work in a few other places too.

romubebs

Teen Bird
XenWord Professional
Edit is not a feature for custom posts. I'm in the middle of a torn apart build, and will try to add an edit feature in 3.3. It looks like the thread creation file need work in a few other places too.

Ok thanks for the info, we'll stop looking for bug :)

romubebs

Teen Bird
XenWord Professional
This issue is more serious than I thought in the beginning. Seems like comments written via Wordpress to custom posts are not being updated to Xenforo discussion thread(!!) With normal posts comments are being updated to Xenforo discussion thread no problem.

I have the same question, is this chaged in XenWord 3.3? @LPH

This is very critical issue for us. Thanks for you support!

robru

Baby Penguin
XenWord Professional
omments written via Wordpress to custom posts are not being updated to Xenforo discussion thread
Correct, I saw this yesterday after the update 3.3.0.1
Comments are only put in from Xenforo to Wordpress, and not the other way around.
Maybe a bug?

romubebs

Teen Bird
XenWord Professional
This issue is more serious than I thought in the beginning. Seems like comments written via Wordpress to custom posts are not being updated to Xenforo discussion thread(!!) With normal posts comments are being updated to Xenforo discussion thread no problem.

I have the same question, is this chaged in XenWord 3.3? @LPH

This is very critical issue for us. Thanks for you support!

Correct, I saw this yesterday after the update 3.3.0.1
Comments are only put in from Xenforo to Wordpress, and not the other way around.
Maybe a bug?

In our case this wasn't caused by Xenword (we had one user with misaligned e-mail address, different in Xenforo and Wordpress profile)

But at the same time I updated to Xenword 3.3.0.1 and I can confirm that custom posts are still not being updated if edited after thread creation.

LPH

Flight Director
Flight Instructor
In our case this wasn't caused by Xenword (we had one user with misaligned e-mail address, different in Xenforo and Wordpress profile)

Yes. This would be unrelated to your request.

But at the same time I updated to Xenword 3.3.0.1 and I can confirm that custom posts are still not being updated if edited after thread creation.

Correct. Your request requires a rewrite of the thread creation file. I've sketched out different approaches and must be careful when adding the feature. It isn't a quick addition of the edit feature. It's a different hook.

romubebs

Teen Bird
XenWord Professional
Just upgraded to 3.3.1.0 on I can confirm that thread updates accordingly when editing and saving custom post! Thank you @LPH