1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Create folders in alphabetical order in WLM?

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by Ritter197, Apr 27, 2010.

1. Ritter197

Ritter197 Flightless Bird

I use WIN7 and Windows Live Mail and generally am happy with both.
    In the past I have created many folders on the left side under Comcast and they would always show up after creation in alphabetical order.
    Numbers first, then alphas. Great, that's the way I wanted it.

Now when I want and need to create more folders the show up under Deleted Folders, I do not mean BELOW but under Deleted Folders as a subfolder. That is not what I want at all. I have tried this now probably ten times and it just does not work as before.

Before I had under Comcast
    Inbox
    Drafts
    Sent Items
    Junk mail
    Deleted Items
    1 story house
    3 cents a call
    Acronis
    Adaptec

That is how I want to continue but for some reason it does not work any more. Now when I go to Create new folder and I call it Audi 2010 it shows up like this

Deleted Items
    Audi 2010

2. Bob I

Bob I Flightless Bird

Perhaps the Live Mail group?
    news://msnews.microsoft.com/microsoft.public.windows.live.mail.desktop

Ritter197 wrote:
    > I use WIN7 and Windows Live Mail and generally am happy with both.
    > In the past I have created many folders on the left side under Comcast and they would always show up after creation in alphabetical order.
    > Numbers first, then alphas. Great, that's the way I wanted it.
    >
    > Now when I want and need to create more folders the show up under Deleted Folders, I do not mean BELOW but under Deleted Folders as a subfolder. That is not what I want at all. I have tried this now probably ten times and it just does not work as before.
    >
    > Before I had under Comcast
    > Inbox
    > Drafts
    > Sent Items
    > Junk mail
    > Deleted Items
    > 1 story house
    > 3 cents a call
    > Acronis
    > Adaptec
    >
    > That is how I want to continue but for some reason it does not work any more. Now when I go to Create new folder and I call it Audi 2010 it shows up like this
    >
    > Deleted Items
    > Audi 2010
    >