• Welcome to Tux Reports: Where Penguins Fly. We hope you find the topics varied, interesting, and worthy of your time. Please become a member and join in the discussions.

Congratulations to the World Cup Champions

LPH

Flight Director
Flight Instructor
LPH

Congratulations to the World Cup Champions

Germany_lifts_the_2014_FIFA_World_Cup-150x150.jpg

The football team (soccer in the US) from Germany has earned the top spot after beating out Argentina in extra time. Substitute Mario Gotze scored the winning goal in the 113th minute after receiving a cross from teammate Andre Schurrle. This team is the first European team to win a FIFA World Cup in the Americas.

This is Germany's football team's fourth championship: 1954, 1974, 1990, and 2014.

"It was the best moment of my life I have to tell," Schurrle told ESPN's Jeremy Schaap. "I've never felt like this. I didn't know where I am when Mario scored because I knew we had some time left and we need to defend. And then when the referee blow the whistle, it just overcome me. I had to cry. I couldn't stop it. It was crazy. I just want to feel this moment and to celebrate."
http://www.tuxreports.com/sports/2014/07/13/congratulations-to-the-world-cup-champions/