1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

can't insert file as printout

Discussion in 'Microsoft OneNote' started by Jerry Flatto, Jan 14, 2010.

  1. Jerry Flatto

    Jerry Flatto Flightless Bird

    I am running OneNote 2007 SP2 on Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit OS.

    When I installed OneNote, for some reason the "Print to OneNote" print
    driver did not install. Additionally under the "Insert" menu, the "File as
    printout" menu item is grayed out.

    I have uninstalled and reinstalled OneNote and I still have the same
    problem. I have tried "repair" but that didn't help also.

    Any idea what I can do to regain the missing functionality?

    Thanks.

    Jerry
     
  2. Rainald Taesler

    Rainald Taesler Flightless Bird

    Jerry Flatto wrote:
    > I am running OneNote 2007 SP2 on Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit OS.
    >
    > When I installed OneNote, for some reason the "Print to OneNote" print
    > driver did not install. Additionally under the "Insert" menu, the
    > "File as printout" menu item is grayed out.


    No wonder!
    No support for 64-bit OSs in OneNote.

    For the reasons pls see:
    David Rasmussen: OneNote 64 bit print driver
    http://blogs.msdn.com/david_rasmussen/archive/2008/04/21/onenote-64-bit-print-driver.aspx>

    A solution for ON2007:
    David Rasmussen: OneNote Print Driver – A 64 Bit Solution
    http://blogs.msdn.com/david_rasmussen/archive/2009/04/22/onenote-print-driver-a-64-bit-solution.aspx

    > Any idea what I can do to regain the missing functionality?


    The problem has been fixed in ON2010.
    Download Office 2010 Beta and install ON (you may leave out the rest).

    Rainald
     
  3. Jerry Flatto

    Jerry Flatto Flightless Bird

    Thanks for the information. Not totally surprised. I can not connect to my
    university from home because the university's VPN client does not support 64
    bit OS either.

    Jerry

    "Rainald Taesler" wrote:

    > Jerry Flatto wrote:
    > > I am running OneNote 2007 SP2 on Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit OS.
    > >
    > > When I installed OneNote, for some reason the "Print to OneNote" print
    > > driver did not install. Additionally under the "Insert" menu, the
    > > "File as printout" menu item is grayed out.

    >
    > No wonder!
    > No support for 64-bit OSs in OneNote.
    >
    > For the reasons pls see:
    > David Rasmussen: OneNote 64 bit print driver
    > http://blogs.msdn.com/david_rasmussen/archive/2008/04/21/onenote-64-bit-print-driver.aspx>
    >
    > A solution for ON2007:
    > David Rasmussen: OneNote Print Driver – A 64 Bit Solution
    > http://blogs.msdn.com/david_rasmussen/archive/2009/04/22/onenote-print-driver-a-64-bit-solution.aspx
    >
    > > Any idea what I can do to regain the missing functionality?

    >
    > The problem has been fixed in ON2010.
    > Download Office 2010 Beta and install ON (you may leave out the rest).
    >
    > Rainald
    >
    > .
    >
     
  4. Steve

    Steve Flightless Bird

    I think 64 bit is sold on computers far more often with Windows 7 than with
    any previous OS. Now is the time for all the software vendors to jump on
    board and make their software compatible with a 64 bit OS. This includes you
    Microsoft. I know you are focused on ON10 and office 10 but please fix these
    little bugs with your previous versions especially when it your own OS they
    are incompatible with. Thank you.

    "Jerry Flatto" wrote:

    > Thanks for the information. Not totally surprised. I can not connect to my
    > university from home because the university's VPN client does not support 64
    > bit OS either.
    >
    > Jerry
    >
    > "Rainald Taesler" wrote:
    >
    > > Jerry Flatto wrote:
    > > > I am running OneNote 2007 SP2 on Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit OS.
    > > >
    > > > When I installed OneNote, for some reason the "Print to OneNote" print
    > > > driver did not install. Additionally under the "Insert" menu, the
    > > > "File as printout" menu item is grayed out.

    > >
    > > No wonder!
    > > No support for 64-bit OSs in OneNote.
    > >
    > > For the reasons pls see:
    > > David Rasmussen: OneNote 64 bit print driver
    > > http://blogs.msdn.com/david_rasmussen/archive/2008/04/21/onenote-64-bit-print-driver.aspx>
    > >
    > > A solution for ON2007:
    > > David Rasmussen: OneNote Print Driver – A 64 Bit Solution
    > > http://blogs.msdn.com/david_rasmussen/archive/2009/04/22/onenote-print-driver-a-64-bit-solution.aspx
    > >
    > > > Any idea what I can do to regain the missing functionality?

    > >
    > > The problem has been fixed in ON2010.
    > > Download Office 2010 Beta and install ON (you may leave out the rest).
    > >
    > > Rainald
    > >
    > > .
    > >
     
  5. Rainald Taesler

    Rainald Taesler Flightless Bird

    Steve wrote:
    > I think 64 bit is sold on computers far more often with Windows 7
    > than with any previous OS.


    Seems to be so.

    > Now is the time for all the software vendors to jump on board and

    make
    > their software compatible with a 64 bit OS.


    The new versions, Yes. Not the old ones which appeared years ago.

    > This includes you Microsoft.


    Don't you know to whom you are talking??
    *I* have nothing to do with MS except being their client. - just a user
    as you yourself!
    Don't you know what this NewsGroup is?
    Just a a peer-to-peer forum where volunteers try to help other
    fellow-users!

    If you want to talk to MS you'd have to use other channels.

    > I know you are focused on ON10
    > and office 10 but please fix these little bugs with your previous
    > versions especially when it your own OS they are incompatible with.


    The 64-bit printer issue is not an issue easy to fix.
    Pls be so kind as to read the article I had referenced (see link below).

    And there is a workaround available which works fine.

    So I'm pretty sure that we will see no other fix for the printer issue.

    Rainald

    > "Jerry Flatto" wrote:
    >> Thanks for the information. Not totally surprised. I can not
    >> connect to my university from home because the university's VPN
    >> client does not support 64 bit OS either.
    >>
    >> Jerry
    >>
    >> "Rainald Taesler" wrote:
    >>
    >>> Jerry Flatto wrote:
    >>>> I am running OneNote 2007 SP2 on Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit OS.
    >>>>
    >>>> When I installed OneNote, for some reason the "Print to OneNote"
    >>>> print driver did not install. Additionally under the "Insert"
    >>>> menu, the "File as printout" menu item is grayed out.
    >>>
    >>> No wonder!
    >>> No support for 64-bit OSs in OneNote.
    >>>
    >>> For the reasons pls see:
    >>> David Rasmussen: OneNote 64 bit print driver
    >>>

    http://blogs.msdn.com/david_rasmussen/archive/2008/04/21/onenote-64-bit-print-driver.aspx>
    >>>
    >>> A solution for ON2007:
    >>> David Rasmussen: OneNote Print Driver – A 64 Bit Solution
    >>>

    http://blogs.msdn.com/david_rasmussen/archive/2009/04/22/onenote-print-driver-a-64-bit-solution.aspx
    >>>
    >>> > Any idea what I can do to regain the missing functionality?
    >>>
    >>> The problem has been fixed in ON2010.
    >>> Download Office 2010 Beta and install ON (you may leave out the
    >>> rest).
    >>>
    >>> Rainald
    >>>
    >>> .
     
  6. Steve Silverwood

    Steve Silverwood Flightless Bird

    Rainald, they seem to have overcome that in the 2010 version, because
    I have Win7 Ultimate x64 installed along with Office 2010 x64, and the
    Send to OneNote "printer" is present and works fine.

    //Steve//


    On Fri, 15 Jan 2010 05:24:28 +0100, "Rainald Taesler" <taesler@gmx.de>
    wrote:

    >Jerry Flatto wrote:
    >> I am running OneNote 2007 SP2 on Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit OS.
    >>
    >> When I installed OneNote, for some reason the "Print to OneNote" print
    >> driver did not install. Additionally under the "Insert" menu, the
    >> "File as printout" menu item is grayed out.

    >
    >No wonder!
    >No support for 64-bit OSs in OneNote.
    >
    >For the reasons pls see:
    >David Rasmussen: OneNote 64 bit print driver
    >http://blogs.msdn.com/david_rasmussen/archive/2008/04/21/onenote-64-bit-print-driver.aspx>
    >
    >A solution for ON2007:
    >David Rasmussen: OneNote Print Driver – A 64 Bit Solution
    >http://blogs.msdn.com/david_rasmussen/archive/2009/04/22/onenote-print-driver-a-64-bit-solution.aspx
    >
    > > Any idea what I can do to regain the missing functionality?

    >
    >The problem has been fixed in ON2010.
    >Download Office 2010 Beta and install ON (you may leave out the rest).
    >
    >Rainald
     
  7. Rainald Taesler

    Rainald Taesler Flightless Bird

    Steve Silverwood wrote:
    > Rainald, they seem to have overcome that in the 2010 version, because
    > I have Win7 Ultimate x64 installed along with Office 2010 x64, and the
    > Send to OneNote "printer" is present and works fine.


    It does not only *seem* so!
    There are no more 64-bit restrictions. And that's what I had told the
    OP.

    Rainald

    > On Fri, 15 Jan 2010 05:24:28 +0100, "Rainald Taesler" <taesler@gmx.de>
    > wrote:
    >
    >>Jerry Flatto wrote:
    >>> I am running OneNote 2007 SP2 on Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit OS.
    >>>
    >>> When I installed OneNote, for some reason the "Print to OneNote"
    >>> print driver did not install. Additionally under the "Insert"
    >>> menu, the "File as printout" menu item is grayed out.

    >>
    >>No wonder!
    >>No support for 64-bit OSs in OneNote.
    >>
    >>For the reasons pls see:
    >>David Rasmussen: OneNote 64 bit print driver
    >>http://blogs.msdn.com/david_rasmussen/archive/2008/04/21/onenote-64-bi

    t-print-driver.aspx>
    >>
    >>A solution for ON2007:
    >>David Rasmussen: OneNote Print Driver - A 64 Bit Solution
    >>http://blogs.msdn.com/david_rasmussen/archive/2009/04/22/onenote-print

    -driver-a-64-bit-solution.aspx
    >>
    >> > Any idea what I can do to regain the missing functionality?

    >>
    >>The problem has been fixed in ON2010.
    >>Download Office 2010 Beta and install ON (you may leave out the rest).
    >>
    >>Rainald
     
  8. Steve Silverwood

    Steve Silverwood Flightless Bird

    On Mon, 15 Feb 2010 14:04:12 +0100, "Rainald Taesler" <taesler@gmx.de>
    wrote:

    >Steve Silverwood wrote:
    >> Rainald, they seem to have overcome that in the 2010 version, because
    >> I have Win7 Ultimate x64 installed along with Office 2010 x64, and the
    >> Send to OneNote "printer" is present and works fine.

    >
    >It does not only *seem* so!
    >There are no more 64-bit restrictions. And that's what I had told the
    >OP.


    I "seem" to have missed that part of your message.... :)

    (Really, I =MUST= learn to be more careful with that word around
    you...!)

    //Steve//
     
  9. Rainald Taesler

    Rainald Taesler Flightless Bird

    Steve Silverwood wrote:
    > "Rainald Taesler" wrote:
    >>Steve Silverwood wrote:


    >>> Rainald, they seem to have overcome that in the 2010 version,
    >>> because I have Win7 Ultimate x64 installed along with Office 2010
    >>> x64, and the Send to OneNote "printer" is present and works fine.

    >>
    >>It does not only *seem* so!
    >>There are no more 64-bit restrictions. And that's what I had told the
    >>OP.

    >
    > I "seem" to have missed that part of your message.... :)
    >
    > (Really, I =MUST= learn to be more careful with that word around
    > you...!)


    LOL

    Not only with this word <´bg>

    Regards
    Rainald
     

Share This Page