• Welcome to Tux Reports: Where Penguins Fly. We hope you find the topics varied, interesting, and worthy of your time. Please become a member and join in the discussions.

Cannot link to Xenforo Forum

petersweb

Tween Bird
Please complete the following information. You may add or remove any questions you feel will help clarify your specific situation.

WordPress version: 4.1
XenForo version: 1.4.5
XenWord version: 2.4.3.03

What WordPress plugins do you have active? Akismet, All-in-One Event Calendar by Time.ly, BulletProof Security, eipSoftware Get Latest Posts, Gravity Forms, Hello Dolly, Jetpack by WordPress.com, Kopa Nictitate Toolkit, WP eCommerce

What happens when these WordPress plugins are not active? No Change

What WordPress theme are you using? Nictitate

To the best of your abilities please describe the problem you are experiencing:
I do not have the ability to set the Forum ID where Wordpress posts threads in Xenforo. The Forum that has been set is not one that is active. See screenshot - it should provide me with a field to complete the thread ID.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2015-03-29 at 12.20.31.png
    Screen Shot 2015-03-29 at 12.20.31.png
    75.3 KB · Views: 83

petersweb

Tween Bird
I should add this was I feature that I remember being available previously while using this current theme and plugins.

I have only noticed this issue after launching the site with Xenword and having another member post for the first time.

Gracie

Dogs Times Writer
The forums are chosen at the time of posting a WordPress article. There is a pull down in the right sidebar.

Screen Shot 2015-03-28 at 7.59.07 PM.png

petersweb

Tween Bird
Thanks @Gracie. As I said, the article was posted by another member. Is it possible to edit this so that the post and comments appear in correct forum?

Gracie

Dogs Times Writer
Thanks @Gracie. As I said, the article was posted by another member. Is it possible to edit this so that the post and comments appear in correct forum?

The easiest is to simply move the thread to the proper forum. Next, open phpmyadmin and go to your WordPress database. Find the forum_id and change it to the proper one.

@LPH -- I really wish this was configurable from a metabox :D

Screen Shot 2015-03-28 at 9.07.05 PM.png

Gracie

Dogs Times Writer
Thanks for that @Gracie. Unfortunately though, the forum that it tried to post to didn't allow new threads so the thread was not created.

If the thread was never created, then this is easier.
1. Go into phpmyadmin,
2. Change the forum_id.
3. Open the article and you should see the proper forum chosen.
4. Click update.

The thread_id should be added to the article.

petersweb

Tween Bird
Thanks for your help @Gracie - all fixed now!

Is there a way to restrict which forums appear in the drop-down list? I have 10 people who will contribute articles and they're not all as careful as they should be about selecting the correct forum to publish their articles.

Gracie

Dogs Times Writer
Glad it is working for you !

Hmm... I don't know of a way ... maybe you could distinguish between contributor and author?

Are they all posting into the same forum? If yes -- then definitely let's get you the version with the default forum.

petersweb

Tween Bird
95% of the articles they post will be going to the one forum, so setting the default forum would be the answer.

What version should I use to allow that?

Gracie

Dogs Times Writer
95% of the articles they post will be going to the one forum, so setting the default forum would be the answer.

What version should I use to allow that?

@LPH has XenWord 2.4 beta with the default forum. If you open a support ticket then I can upload it for you.

LPH

Flight Director
Flight Instructor
I do not have the ability to set the Forum ID where Wordpress posts threads in Xenforo.

This is more of a feature request. I've never been satisfied with the way the metabox works. I'll keep working on the code.