• Welcome to Tux Reports: Where Penguins Fly. We hope you find the topics varied, interesting, and worthy of your time. Please become a member and join in the discussions.

Automatic create WP threads for new XF posts or pages

robru

Baby Penguin
XenWord Professional
Sometimes you want to have placed a written Xenforo thread on your Wordpress site.
Actually the reverse order :)
Maybe this option already exists but I can not find it.

robru

Baby Penguin
XenWord Professional
I now use this widget. But when I click on a link it opens in the Xenforo forum and not in Wordpress.

upload_2016-12-27_16-54-29.png

upload_2016-12-27_16-56-56.png

LPH

Flight Director
Flight Instructor
I now use this widget. But when I click on a link it opens in the Xenforo forum and not in Wordpress.

Yes. The recent threads sidebar widget is designed to open in XenForo.

Are you suggesting a featured thread should show in the sidebar?

robru

Baby Penguin
XenWord Professional
Are you suggesting a featured thread should show in the sidebar?
No, actually the possibility to promote a thread to a Wordpress message created by a member of the Xenforo forum. As you can post a message for example from Xenforo on Facebook.
But I think a Xenforo addon is needed here.

Goodfella

Teen Bird
No, actually the possibility to promote a thread to a Wordpress message created by a member of the Xenforo forum. As you can post a message for example from Xenforo on Facebook.
But I think a Xenforo addon is needed here.
If i understand correctly you would like the following:

OPTION 1

1) Member creates a thread on XenForo.
2) That thread is displayed in a sidebar (widget) on the wordpress side.

OPTION 2

1) Member creates a thread on XenForo.
2) That thread is displayed in a sidebar on the wordpress side.
3) When that thread is clicked on in the sidebar it takes you to a post on the WordPress side?

If Option 2 was the case, there would have to be a feature that would create a WordPress post for each thread (or specific threads) created on the XenForo side. This does not exist at the moment.

Correct me if im wrong.

robru

Baby Penguin
XenWord Professional
If i understand correctly you would like the following
Option 1 is the way it works now.

Option 2 is very nice.

Option 3:
If I create a post in Wordpress. The complete message automatically placed in a Xenforo forum. That's perfect!
Only the admin and moderators of Xenforo can post on Wordpress. Not the members.
But if a Xenforo member on the forum puts an interesting post, I want to put that post automatically on Wordpress.
I hope you understand me. It is now one-way traffic from Wordpress to Xenforo.

LPH

Flight Director
Flight Instructor
Option 3 code partially exists in 3.2. The challenge is making sure there isn't a circular feature. The thread is written to WordPress, which writes to XF.

Goodfella

Teen Bird
Option 1 is the way it works now.

Option 2 is very nice.

Option 3:
If I create a post in Wordpress. The complete message automatically placed in a Xenforo forum. That's perfect!
Only the admin and moderators of Xenforo can post on Wordpress. Not the members.
But if a Xenforo member on the forum puts an interesting post, I want to put that post automatically on Wordpress.
I hope you understand me. It is now one-way traffic from Wordpress to Xenforo.

Yes, I completely understand you would want to "promote" a XenForo thread manually to a WordPress post.

Being able to manually do this would be a good feature, but in that case
Option 3 code partially exists in 3.2. The challenge is making sure there isn't a circular feature. The thread is written to WordPress, which writes to XF.
This would be done manually by an admin or moderator I'm assuming? Similar to how Bob handles the promote thread to an article in AMS?

robru

Baby Penguin
XenWord Professional
Yes, I completely understand you would want to "promote" a XenForo thread manually to a WordPress post.
Correct!
Being able to manually do this would be a good feature, but in that case
Doing this manually is no problem, but there must be a possibility to enter the corresponding Xenforo Thread ID.
This would be done manually by an admin or moderator I'm assuming?
Correct!
the promote thread to an article in AMS?
What is the name of this Xenforo add-on?

robru

Baby Penguin
XenWord Professional
That is why I put the request for suggestions ;)

LPH

Flight Director
Flight Instructor
This would be done manually by an admin or moderator I'm assuming? Similar to how Bob handles the promote thread to an article in AMS?

The trick is using the pull down similar to the mapping page. It'll be connected through the Redux Framework ini. However, I have to figure out how to properly set an origin. It's a huge change in many files.

Goodfella

Teen Bird
Is this something like Xenporta?
I apologize I don't mean to derail this thread. Take a look here (https://xenaddons.com/articles/). That is Article Management System. I would recommend it over XenPorta. It's one of the most powerful XF addons i have every used. It's also extremely flexible, not to mentioned written by one of the best XF developers.

Also, this is AMS:
http://www.thelaw.com/guide/ ( thelaw.com their homepage is also AMS with some customization)
https://www.tuxreports.com/community/xenword/
https://www.tuxreports.com/community/devlogs/user-blogs-system-widget.27/ (this maybe showcase)