• Welcome to Tux Reports: Where Penguins Fly. We hope you find the topics varied, interesting, and worthy of your time. Please become a member and join in the discussions.

New Feature Author box with information from XenForo

Scharesoft

Flying Bird
XenWord Developer
I've got an idea for a new widget: An author box for articles.

The widget could appear under articles with the profile information from XenForo of the author. This could be everything like the "About You", network accounts like Facebook and Google+, maybe the actual status message and maybe custom fields. The opportunity to choose from the fields would be great.

I think this would be a nice improvement for the articles in Wordpress :)

LPH

Flight Director
Flight Instructor
Are you thinking this is different from the currently available author boxes? This site uses one in which the about is fill from information from the XF profile.

Screen Shot 2015-01-03 at 5.52.03 PM.png

I'll have to look at the Facebook and Google+ about you boxes.

Scharesoft

Flying Bird
XenWord Developer
I think there is a difference, the link between XenForo and Wordpress is missing there.

Maybe a better suggestion would be to link the profile information of Wordpress and XenForo. It would be great to combine the fields like about us, social media and the biographical info and add all fields of XenForo to Wordpress. So the information from XenForo would appear in the profile of Wordpress and so also in the author box.

Maybe so someday the profile settings of Wordpress (wp-admin/profile.php) are not necessary anymore and you can make all settings within XenForo.

Gracie

Dogs Times Writer
The author box on this site pulls the about from the XenForo side. I agree that it needs more development.