• Welcome to Tux Reports: Where Penguins Fly. We hope you find the topics varied, interesting, and worthy of your time. Please become a member and join in the discussions.

A couple of questions

ajw

Baby Bird
I'm setting up a membership site that has wishlistmember in it, and I need to know just a few things:

1) will it still work within the membership levels that WLM has according to whatever I set up? (or do I need to set up both sides and link them with this plugin?)

2) My forum is on the same domain but it is in a different subdomain than my members area. Will it still work?

3) will it follow the proper permissions that I have set? (I have my forum to secret, they have to be logged in to see ANYTHING).

4) I don't really want my wp posts or pages to bridge over to the forum, it's mainly that I want the accounts to merge/one signup if possible, does this work this way ok?

5) Can the forum posts be put into a widget that I could plug into the members area of WP to get people seeing the latest or most popular conversations and come over to the community?

Sorry for these, you might have answered but I wanted to make sure these were ok.

LPH

Flight Director
Flight Instructor
Hi

Unfortunately you are asking questions about a situation that I've never tried. Let me start a conversation with you in PM so I can give you a copy and you can try things out on a local test server.

I don't really want my wp posts or pages to bridge over to the forum

This is possible. It's simple to shut off the posting of threads.

Can the forum posts be put into a widget

There are several widgets available. This site uses some of them; that is, take a look at the front of the site: www.tuxreports.com -- see the bottom and sidebars?