• Welcome to Tux Reports: Where Penguins Fly. We hope you find the topics varied, interesting, and worthy of your time. Please become a member and join in the discussions.

Xenword work with a wp site installed in a subfolder

forocom

Tween Bird
Hi, i have xenforo in the main path and i would like to install wordpress in a subfolder if xenword can work. - it's possible ?

Best Regards.

LPH

Flight Director
Flight Instructor
As long as the files are on the same server, and you know the absolute path, then all should be fine. Please review all of the documents though to make sure things are a go. I'd also suggest using the trial to make sure you can connect.

forocom

Tween Bird
Thanks for your reply, your addons is incredible, but I just need synchronize users accounts ( avatar and logins - no publications ) - so the trial version was installed and i get :

XenWord 2.3+ uses an absolute path to the XenForo installation and not a relative path. <- But, the absolute path is right

Mapping of user permissions has changed dramatically under XenWord 2.x. All WordPress roles are assigned by the WP administrator on a per user basis.

forocom

Tween Bird
oK, now works the login... but i have not lucky with the avatar. - you think this is a small problem easy to solve and should proceed with the purchase ?

LPH

Flight Director
Flight Instructor
There were huge changes in WordPress 4.x, and the trial version is for versions prior to those changes.

I'm about ready to release a login / avatar only version of XenWord for a couple of dollars only. It's called XenWord Basic. This is probably a few weeks out. If you can hold then I'd suggest waiting for it. This depends on the final file structure for release 3.1.

LurkerLou

Tween Bird
XenWord Professional
XenWord is now installed as a regular Wordpress plugin. No more uploading through FTP. I believe I read this somewhere but cannot remember where.