• Welcome to Tux Reports: Where Penguins Fly. We hope you find the topics varied, interesting, and worthy of your time. Please become a member and join in the discussions.

The 5 W's: The Transition Continues

Gracie

Dogs Times Writer
Tux Reports has gone through many changes over the last two decades. I recall just hanging around when the site was strictly about Linux. For years the norm around here was change: The merging of sites, stripping out old stories from UMPCBuzz, deleting thousands of posts and users, and opening up new sites like Apple iPad Buzz all kept everyone busy.

Today, though, marks a significant change. @LPH and family members have been testing a new layout using the five W's. From this day forward, writers will use the five W's in the WordPress excerpt and a new post template for new stories, too.

Here is a sample story using the template:

www.tuxreports.com/politics/2015/01/05/2015-speaker-of-the-house-election/

Let's hope using the Kipling method (The 5 W's) helps keep this site focused on being objective.

I keep six honest serving-men, (They taught me all I knew); Their names are What and Why and When, And How and Where and Who” - Rudyard Kipling

Last edited: