• Welcome to Tux Reports: Where Penguins Fly. We hope you find the topics varied, interesting, and worthy of your time. Please become a member and join in the discussions.

Larger Avatar Selection for Wordpress

Adam H

Young Flying Bird
Currently when the bridge is enabled it reduces the quality of an avatar because its calling the medium size avatar from Xenforo. If the wordpress site uses larger avatars on profile pages for example 190 x 190 it means the avatar is pixelated because its scaling up from the medium size of 92 x 92.

To change this ive gone into the file : /wp-content/plugins/xenword-3.0.4.01/WordPress/includes/class-xenword-avatars.php

PHP:
if ( isset ( $id ) ) {

/** @var  $userModel XenForo_Model_User */
            $userModel = XenForo_Model::create( 'XenForo_Model_User' );
            $userinfo  = $userModel->getFullUserById( $id );

$xf_avatar_url = XenForo_Template_Helper_Core::helperAvatarUrl( $userinfo, 'm', false );
        }

to

PHP:
if ( isset ( $id ) ) {

/** @var  $userModel XenForo_Model_User */
            $userModel = XenForo_Model::create( 'XenForo_Model_User' );
            $userinfo  = $userModel->getFullUserById( $id );

$xf_avatar_url = XenForo_Template_Helper_Core::helperAvatarUrl( $userinfo, 'l', false );
        }

**Note: The highlighted letter is the letter "L" , not 1 or I :)

Suggestion, By default call the Large avatar for user profiles.

LPH

Flight Director
Flight Instructor
I thought this was changed and will double check when I get to a computer.

Adam H

Young Flying Bird
It would be nice to have full size on wordpress rather than limitations set by xenforo's large, medium and small because the quality of avatar on larger Wordpress profile images are terrible because they are scaling up. Not sure if thats possible or not.