• Welcome to Tux Reports: Where Penguins Fly. We hope you find the topics varied, interesting, and worthy of your time. Please become a member and join in the discussions.

Will XenWord work on different servers?

JSM Publishing

Beta Tester
Hi, I am running my xenforo forum on a different server with a subdomain. My main server is WPEngine and my forum server is GoDaddy. Will XenWord work in this situation?

LPH

Flight Director
Flight Instructor
Hi

XenWord is a WordPress plugin that uses an absolute path to the XenForo files. This means the files must be on the same server.

IF I knew how to use the URL instead of an absolute path then I'd be glad to change things but right now I don't have that knowledge. Sorry.

LPH

Flight Director
Flight Instructor
I changed your account to "Beta Tester" ... something I just created. This way you can create a ticket. I'll be glad to work with you and see if we can figure out how to change the code - IF - you are interested.

LPH

Flight Director
Flight Instructor
Guess - that was rather cryptic on my part.

If you are interested in trying a different XenWord test version -- then I can upload it to you in a support ticket. You should see the link in the navigation menu.

Borisss

Baby Bird
Hi guys!
Do you have any news about running xenforo forum on a different server with a subdomain?
I have almost same situation...